The statistics pertaining to online video are incredibly compelling.
- 89 million people in the United States are going to watch 1.2 billion online videos today. (ComScore)
- Online video users are expected to double to 1.5 billion in 2016. (Cisco)
- Online video now accounts for 50 percent of all mobile traffic. (Bytemobile Mobile Analytics Report)
- Globally, online video traffic will be 55 percent of all consumer Internet traffic in 2016. (Cisco)
- 52 percent of consumers say that watching product videos makes them more confident in online purchase decisions. (Invodo)
- Mobile and tablet shoppers are three times as likely to view a video as laptop or desktop users. (NPD)
- Mobile video ads that include social media buttons drive 36 percent higher engagement. (Rhythm NewMedia).
Since Google purchased YouTube back in 2006, their “universal search” program has given enormous preference to videos in the search results. When videos are properly optimized, they can receive very high ranking in the search results in a very short period of time. And when they are syndicated with multiple video sharing sites, it is possible to quickly achieve multiple page 1 listings.
When one of our campaigns includes Local Search Engine Optimization as well as optimized videos on multiple sharing sites, we have been quite successful at dominating the search results.